What comes to your mind when you think of destination weddings? Sand, surf, turquoise waters and a Caribbean sunset? If the answer is "yes", you are in a right place.
Here is my top 10 reasons list:
1. You can get married anywhere! If you love to travel and you have the spirit of adventure or simply don’t want to get married in the same place as all your friends, this reason in itself may be the only one you need to have a destination wedding in Punta Cana. It is unusual and exciting!
2. It’s all in one. Your wedding, vacation and honeymoon all in one place? Done. For the bride and groom who don’t want to deal with planning 3 separate events, you can cover it all with a destination wedding. Pretty sweet, huh?
3. Get your family and close friends together. When else will all of your family and best friends be together all the same time? Having a destination wedding means spending several days together so if you’re looking for quality time with your favorites, this may be one of the most important reasons for you. On my experience on the wedding day or the day after the wedding you can take an excursion for everyone, for example to take a trip by 'party boat' in the Caribbean sea or go to explore local activities. Fun, no?
4. Save money on a decor. You will have a destination wedding in Punta Cana with a naturally gorgeous backdrop such as beach, palm trees and clear blue water. You can just add a couple of details of the decor and it will be just beautiful. Because the atmosphere already speaks for itself.
5. It’s cost-effective. Many destination wedding venues include a wedding planner in their package so this is where you can save a bit of money and be less stressful. Choose an all-inclusive resort and spend a few thousand dollars on a week-long honeymoon package including flight, lodging, meals and drinks versus spending $20,000+ on a wedding back home. Again, it’s a 3-for-1.
Here, in Punta Cana in resorts and in an outside wedding venues (such as Jellyfish restaurant, Huracan cafe, Kukua beach Club & restaurant etc.), the services of the wedding coordinator, florist, MC sometimes are included in the wedding package, so you don't have to worry about anything and look for this person. Convenient, isn't it?
6. Wedding attire. Wedding attire of your destination wedding on the beach can be very simple and at the same time look very elegant against the background of turquoise waters and tropical palm trees.
And again, you can save on the outfit too.
7. Intimate guest list. For those who never dreamed of a big wedding, a destination wedding in Punta Cana may be the perfect way to have a more intimate wedding as the cost of attending will limit the number of guests who attend. And don't worry about the number of guests who cannot or do not want to come. The closest will always be there, and of course try to warn always long before the cherished day.
8. Flexibility. If you want to get married on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, your guests will be there for the whole weekend so perhaps you’ll choose a date that will save you some money. When you’re on vacation, everyday is a Saturday, isn’t it? Or even better, if you stay the whole week or two weeks, you can choose ANY day of the week and again, everyone of your guests can be there.
9. Impressive photos. Are you dreaming of stunning photos of your wedding ceremony with a beautiful ocean in the background? Punta Cana's beaches are the most picturesque and pretty places in the Dominican Republic. The moment you say “I do” with the Caribbean Sea in the back, under a Gazebo decorated with your favorite flowers, will cater for perfect photos to remember your destination wedding in the Dominican Republic for a lifetime.
10. Hire local vendors is cheaper. By hiring local vendors you can also save money, because from experience here in Punta Cana it will be several times cheaper than if you hired them in your own country.
Venue RIU Palace Punta Cana
Photographer Punta Cana Wedding Photographer - Antonina Yurieva